JOBS AT PROGRAMMED TIMBER SUPPLIES
Casual position available now for an experienced forklift driver. You must have at least 12 months’ experience in operating forklifts, preferably working with long length materials. You will also need to be physically fit, safety conscious and able to handle the pressure of working in a fast-paced environment. Please note that all of our factory workers commence with us on a casual basis, with the option to convert to a permanent position after a review.
The video clip below will show you the sorts of tasks that our forklift drivers carry out day to day.
- Loading timber packs into machine infeed areas
- Unloading timber packs from machine outfeeds
- Moving materials around the factory floor
- Strapping and unstrapping packs
- Housekeeping and basic maintenance
- Safety focussed
- Quick thinking and ability to cope with a fast-paced work environment
- Good fitness and health
- Skilled in forklift operations, particularly moving long-length materials around the factory floor
- Good communication skills
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Current LF (forklift) licence
- Unlimited rights to work in Australia
- Available to work 6.30 am to 2.36 pm Monday to Friday (Day Shift) or 3 pm to 11 pm (Afternoon shift)
- Own form of transport – either your own vehicle or a reliable lift each day (we are not near a bus stop or train station)
- Offer of a permanent position after a qualifying period and review of your performance
- Training in new skills and incentives for meeting production targets
- Promotional opportunities for motivated workers, including to team leader, supervisor and other key roles in the company
If you would like to proceed with an application, please answer the Stage 1 application questions to check on your suitability for the role. Click on the “Apply Now” button below to go to the questions.